Conditions of entry
The following conditions apply to all nominations submitted for the Victorian Father of the Year award in 2022.
- All nomination entries must be received by 11:59pm on the nomination closing date of Sunday 21 August 2022.
- Nominations must be submitted by people over 18 years of age.
- Children and young people under 18 years can submit a nomination with the support of a guardian or trusted adult.
- Nominations are only accepted for father figures who currently live within the state of Victoria.
- The term "father figure" is inclusive of all male identifying relatives and role models.
- The term "relatives" includes but is not limited to fathers, uncles, grandparents, siblings and cousins.
- The term "role model" includes but is not limited to coaches, friends, managers, mentors and teachers.
- Nominations are open to all people who identify as male or as a father figure, irrespective of their gender assigned at birth.
- YMCA Victoria do not accept responsibility for nomination entries that are lost, damaged or delayed.
- Nominations and supporting documentation, including photographs will not be returned.
- Employees of YMCA Victoria, other YMCA associations and related entities are not eligible to win the award.
- The selection of finalists is based on the nominations received and the information available to the judging panel at the time.
- All nominees who are shortlisted as finalists are subject to reference checks to determine suitability.
- Finalists are subjected to a police criminal check and must be willing to provide background information.
- The winner of the Victorian Father of the Year award in 2022 will be selected by judging panel assembled by YMCA Victoria.
- The judging panels decision is final and no correspondence or negotiation will be entered into.
- Finalists must be willing to attend the awards ceremony at the Melbourne Town Hall on Friday 2 September 2022.
- The winner must be willing to undertake media interviews on the ceremony day and the days following the announcement.
- The winner must be willing to undertake marketing and promotional activities in conjunction with YMCA Victoria.
- YMCA Victoria reserves the right to withdraw the award if further information becomes available and/or the conduct of the finalists can be seen to cause disrepute to the YMCA and related entities
- YMCA Victoria reserves the right to change, hold void or cancel the award and/or event at any time without notice.
- YMCA Victoria reserves the right to send email updates to all people who submit a nomination for the 2022 award.
Terms and conditions: YMCA Victoria
Terms and conditions: YMCA Victoria
The following policies are maintained by YMCA Victoria and come into affect on how we manage the Victorian Father of the Year award.
The policies are listed in alphabetical order. The display order does not indicate the level of importance.
YMCA Victoria is committed to building a thriving, prosperous, safe and sustainable Y. This includes a specific commitment to minimize our environmental impact and advocate for healthier environments.
YMCA Victoria acknowledges the importance of protecting the environment in a sustainable manner to help reduce any detrimental impact its operations and activities might have.
YMCA is committed to ensuring this through the development, implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System, based on the international ISO14001 Standard.
Read our Environmental Policy.
Occupational Health and Safety policy
We recognise our legal, ethical and moral responsibilities to prevent work related injury and illness.
The YMCA is committed to providing safe places of work that do not place the health and safety of any person at risk.
Read our Occupational Health & Safety policy.
YMCA Victoria maintains a policy that provides direction on the collection, use and storage of personal information.
Safeguarding Children and Young People
At YMCA Victoria we are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and young people.